1. Why don't you Sign Up? It's free and doesn't require anything special.
    We are a friendly community and you might be much smarter than you think.
    Don't just look at us. We need YOUR help. Let's build together the next big High IQ Society.
Dismiss Notice
This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Evil Exist?

Discussion in 'Other' started by Rainman, Sep 10, 2015.

1. albinoblanke

albinoblanke Member Claimed IQ: 140+

I am not trying to assume them, I came to that logical conclusion. This has the highest chance of being true because it is a path science can follow, even if it goes on forever, and god is not necessary. I see it like this, if there is no reason why something shouldn't be then that has a 50 procent chance of being true unless other things suggest otherwise, decreasing that 50% or increasing that 50%. As soon as a question can be asked that cannot be answered or does not want be answered, the theory is wrong. For example when people ask where did god come from, you might hear the answer:"He has always existed, there was nothing before him" Yet he was there. I noticed that when people talk about reality and how we observe it, this theory somehow finds a connection. If I find a flaw in this theory, I will immediately check it all over again and see if there is a logical explanation for it and if there isn't, I will throw it out the window until it pops back up with new logical support. But this theory actually made me see another way of how to look at things, I was able to create a theory between relationships of matter and everything else that exists. I would like to talk about that but I am afraid that someone might steal this idea. Even quantum mechanics is just fine because this theory is so far into the background, almost nothing can have an impact. If infinite reality is true it actually would be impossible to affect it or completely proof it exist because only time will tell. It would be like trying to proof pi is finite, the only way you could do that is by looking at the numbers and observing infinity is pretty time consuming. At one point people will say:"pi has to be infinite, we just keep adding up. "

2. albinoblanke

The part that is worrying is that, when somehow people find this to be true, science will either continue forever or it will die off.

3. albinoblanke

I try to be as careful as possible about this. I don't like uncertainty myself but when I have to find a way for something to be true which has no solid evidence, probability calculations is what I would use to come as close as you can be to acceptence of credibility.

4. marom

marom Well-Known Member Claimed IQ: 140+

What's worrying about it? Okham's Razor is the very bedrock of the scientific method.

5. albinoblanke

I don't know how people would react. I know people of today would go ham if they realized that they will never be able to understand reality and might not be real at all but future people are probably more mentally developed. I guess I shouldn't worry, it is just more of a 'feel bad for them' feeling?