1. Why don't you Sign Up? It's free and doesn't require anything special.
    We are a friendly community and you might be much smarter than you think.
    Don't just look at us. We need YOUR help. Let's build together the next big High IQ Society.
Dismiss Notice
This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi there

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by DutchJess, Aug 11, 2017.

1. DutchJess

DutchJess New Member Claimed IQ: 150+

Hi everyone, happy to be here! Instead of writing a lengthy introduction I'll quickly introduce myself and answer anything you want to know or discuss in the comments.

Basically, I'm at the very start of exploring and discovering the fact that there's a reason I've felt like my brain works differently than people around me. I started out on another forum but someone gave me the advice to discover this platform in the hopes of finding more like-minded people! I'm quite excited and any tips on how to enjoy this forum are more than welcome! :)

albinoblanke, Hapax, Moloch and 3 others like this.

2. Cornucopia

Cornucopia Well-Known Member IQ: 140+

You could start by telling us some of your interests.

DutchJess likes this.
  3. DutchJess

Is 'everything' a valid answer? I guess not..

My everyday interests are playing basketball, dancing, watching sports and reading. My passionate interests are literature, sociology, politics, philosophy, human behaviour, psychology and basically everything to do with the human mind and how it interacts with the world around it! Additionally, I love talking to people and meeting new people to find out who they are and how they work! :)

ARLaBaere likes this.
  4. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member Unclaimed IQ

Welcome to the Forum. We as a collective are always happy to have new members. Enjoy.

ARLaBaere and DutchJess like this.
  5. DutchJess

Thank you, looking forward to it!

6. Moloch

Moloch Well-Known Member IQ: Over 150

Hail and well-met. Is that tattoo on your own skin? It is quite nice regardless of its location.

DutchJess likes this.
  7. DutchJess

Hi again! Already suspected this profile belonged to you by going through the threads :) It is mine, indeed. The result of a life-long obsession with Mandala patterns.

Moloch likes this.
  8. Cornucopia

I was pondering about what it might depict. Is it the shell of an echinoidea or is it a flower?

I also kinda fancied the name, it's really a nice composition of being dutch, your name being jess and a wordplay with duchess (I'm assuming it's not from duchesse or pomme duchesse).

DutchJess and Artemisia like this.
  9. Creedinger

Creedinger Well-Known Member IQ: 120+

Hello,

I hope you will find this forum to be the best edutainment There is.

You have to answer one question though:

Your avatar, my avatar, cornucopia avatar, Molochs Avatar: who is the black sheep?

DutchJess likes this.
  10. Solaire

Solaire Well-Known Member IQ: 140+

Welcome to the forum, fellow Dutchy!

I think I know this other forum you're coming from, it's kinda okay, though I left that place a long time ago. I hope you find everything you're looking for on here. Meanwhile, feel welcomed in the midst of us.

DutchJess likes this.
  11. Cornucopia

There has been a surprising influx of dutch people as of late. Is somebody inviting them.

12. Solaire

The Netherlands was connected to the internet only recently. :p Nah really, I have no idea, could be. Not by me though, other than @Mohsin and @Moloch I don't really know other people who reside in the Netherlands on here.

DutchJess and Mohsin like this.
  13. DutchJess

Edutainment, I really like that one.

And hmm, putting me on the spot straight away I see.. It could be me, since you three have at least something identifiable as reptile-like elements. It could also be Moloch, since the other three have some sort of circular connection in the image. Or it could be something I am completely oblivious of, yet would love to find out!

14. Moloch

Moloch Well-Known Member IQ: Over 150

Look over there, is that a flying saucer?

*quickly scuttles under a rock*

albinoblanke, DutchJess and Solaire like this.
  15. Solaire

Nothing to see here, just Moloch gathering some ants.

DutchJess, albinoblanke and Moloch like this.
  16. Mohsin

Mohsin Well-Known Member IQ: 140+

I organised a petition, urging the government to force Dutch citizens to make their lives significantly more meaningful by joining the high IQ forum. The fact that the turnover is quite high is ironic considering I'm not even Dutch.

17. DutchJess

It is a Mandala. As a young Jess (very young Jess) I found colouring Mandalas to be a great way to stop the chaos in my brains for a little bit. Improvised meditation/mindfulness perhaps.

And I am pleased you've pointed that out, you're the first one. DutchJess of Nametwists.

ARLaBaere and Moloch like this.
  18. ARLaBaere

ARLaBaere Active Member Claimed IQ: 150+

If you feel the need to converse, we will most certainly welcome you. Kindness, clarity, experimentation, and curiosity are valued here. Thus far, it seems that you are aware, introspective, curious, and a most valued addition to our little group. Share whatever intelligent insights that you possess.

19. ARLaBaere

ARLaBaere Active Member Claimed IQ: 150+

Philosophy is a subject to ponder with no little reward. Contribute whatever you are able to our interpretations, study well, and further our alliance. The meeting of psychology and philosophy is a fascinating subject. In particular, I find that the study of surreal nihilism is underexplored.

20. extr3me

extr3me Well-Known Member Claimed IQ: 130+

I didn't knew we had recruiters! So cool!