1. Why don't you Sign Up? It's free and there are no special requirements.
    We are a friendly community and you might be much smarter than you think.
    Don't just look at us. We need YOUR help!
Dismiss Notice
This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

innovation as the pinnacle of all, and related systematic thoughts

Discussion in 'Ethics and Philosophy' started by Kegs, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Nico

Nico Well-Known Member IQ: 140+

Depends on your definition of a god. If you know how you define a god then the answer is obvious.

2. Kegs

Kegs Active Member Unclaimed IQ

Just that we are limited in knowledge, but to push limits of knowledge is useful.

"He best honors God who makes his intellect as like God as possible. ~ Quintus Sextius"

Free will = if you can dream it, you can do it...of course, it's limited. We have developed machines to fly, but flap your arms as hard as you can, you're not going anywhere. There is nothing free in this place. Freedom is a myth, and as far as I can tell, everything has limits (except maybe ignorance).

Those things are measureable though...within (again) limits (the water evaporates at some small level, so the figures change, although there's a measurement for that too... with limits, and on it goes...

3. Kegs

Just that we are limited in knowledge, but to push limits of knowledge is useful.

"He best honors God who makes his intellect as like God as possible. ~ Quintus Sextius"

Free will = if you can dream it, you can do it...of course, it's limited. We have developed machines to fly, but flap your arms as hard as you can, you're not going anywhere. There is nothing free in this place. Freedom is a myth, and as far as I can tell, everything has limits (except maybe ignorance).

Those things are measureable though, within limits, of course... (the water is evaporating, so the measurements are continuously changing as an example of the molecules in the glass bit).

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  4. Kegs

I'm beginning to think that God is nothing more or less a compilation of everything the known rational world isn't (limitless, immortal, all knowing, etc.) A convenient answer to the existential question.

How can one define an entity if there is no rational evidence such an entity exists?

5. Nico

Nico Well-Known Member IQ: 140+

You can define it however you want. My definition of a god is: A god a conscious being that is able to defeat at least one physical law.

God is just a word and it is not clear what is meant by it, because different cultures believe in different kinds of gods.

6. JerryH

JerryH Well-Known Member IQ: Over 150

It's supposition.

7. JerryH

JerryH Well-Known Member IQ: Over 150

If time is a dimension then change might be extension into time, but not time itself. A continuum is like a filmstrip with perhaps the smallest amount of change making one frame the next. Life in a continuum might find one frame of Creedinger forever typing T even as another types ?.

8. Creedinger

Creedinger Well-Known Member IQ: 120+

But then we need an extra dimension for the possibilities? One extra for time and another one for all the possibilities including the one in which I am the biggest fan of T? ;)

In case Time is just another dimension which enables change then everything is forever just with different extension into the time dimension. Forever and "spanning the entire space in one direction" would be the same?

I just thought that maybe we wabble in between parallel possibilities but so little that we usually do not recognize it. Imagine that the space of possibilities might be curved like spacetime forming clusters of similar possibilities which serve as universal bridges as in back to the future or bioshock infinite (the lighthouse ending of the game is just genious .. the entire story is genius and .... just play!!!)

JerryH likes this.
  9. Kegs

That made me think - it seems to me that everything has limits, so is there a limit to time? I'm not so sure there is.

10. Kegs

11. Creedinger

Creedinger Well-Known Member IQ: 120+

Time and space themselves were created in the Big Bang as far as I know so there was no "before" the Big Bang. In case the universe reaches absolute zero at some point in space ( lol ) then the phenomenon of time will end as well. Maybe then another universe will form and time will start again. ( I have no idea and pull this out of my potato head ... I will never stop! ) What about a Universe in which everything travels by the speed of light(or near speed of light)? In case the universe expands faster and faster and all mass will fall apart eventually this seems not unrealistic to me.