1. Why don't you Sign Up? It's free and doesn't require anything special.
    We are a friendly community and you might be much smarter than you think.
    Don't just look at us. We need YOUR help. Let's build together the next big High IQ Society.
Dismiss Notice
This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

North Korea

Discussion in 'Politics and Current Events' started by Nico, Sep 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Glimmer

Glimmer Active Member Claimed IQ: 150+

Yes, I know. I saw that on your profile before you mentioned it. You don't need to argue the American point of view to me. I'm an American.

2. WheatieMuncher

WheatieMuncher Well-Known Member IQ: 120+

That's a lot of food for thought. O_o It'll take me a while to process.

Thank you.

Glimmer likes this.
  3. Preacherbob

Preacherbob Well-Known Member Unclaimed IQ

impressive @Glimmer, very impressive!

Glimmer likes this.
  4. Glimmer

Thanks. I have studied world affairs for a few decades and at university.

5. Creedinger

Creedinger Well-Known Member IQ: 120+

@Glimmer: Thanks for confirming my worldview :)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
    Glimmer likes this.
  6. Glimmer

Well when you're right, you should have no trouble getting confirmation from me.

7. Moloch

Moloch Well-Known Member IQ: Over 150

Myes. So why *did* China crack down on bitcoin trading in their own country? Why is South Korea now following. Anyone ;-)?

8. Creedinger

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
    marom likes this.
  9. marom

marom Well-Known Member Claimed IQ: 140+

From what I've read about NK - and not knowing whether I can trust what I've read - it's really a land quite "through the looking glass." Such a place would naturally see enemies in every corner and would naturally find an enemy in the United States, especially since the United States maintains troops in SK, territory which NK claims as its own. But - that the United States takes NK's posturing seriously is another matter altogether. NK is economically dependent upon China and is unlikely to make any serious move w/o China's prior authorization - and China is not going to authorize NK to make any nuclear strikes. China might allow NK to shoot off a few missiles to get up America's nose, but China isn't going to allow NK to drop any bombs. China does not want a nuclear war.

10. Creedinger

Idk if nk asks for China's permission for launching bombs. I don't even know if they build their bombs primsrialy against the us. I mean the us is the country constantly threatening them to destroy their country but having a bomb is good in general.

As glimmer said nk is on bushs "axis of evil" list alongside Iran. And the us is the only state which used a bombs. Basically the us has already announced that they want nk off the map so it is self defense.

11. marom

marom Well-Known Member Claimed IQ: 140+

I agree that the US is the only country that has ever used nuclear bombs - and that the US has been provocative in its rhetoric towards NK. However, the US is not going to take a long look in the mirror any time soon. The US is still too busy gassing itself w/post World War II propaganda, when it was the best, the biggest, the richest, etc. The long, protracted, painful slide into debt, poverty, decrepitude, and irrelevance has woken nobody up.

12. Creedinger

Maybe they do. It want to have unregulated business in their countries. According to a friend of mine there is currently a lot of fraud in regards to initial coin offerings.

Maybe they want to stay in control of their financial markets to have a lever?

TBH I still don't know whether bitcoin is a huge pyramid game or not.

What are your thoughts about this?

13. Moloch

Moloch Well-Known Member IQ: Over 150

Bitcoin is untracable coinage. What if North Korea trades in bitcoins? Would it not hurt them to shut down the trade in countries nearby, especially China?

Creedinger likes this.
  14. Creedinger

Then it would hurt them paying but does not influence import/export controls. The bitcoin market seems rather too large already to shut it down for that reason only.

I guess it is seen as a thread regardless of nk by the government of china.

15. Genesis

Genesis Active Member Claimed IQ: 150+

This just in... but no surprise :whistle::

"AP-NORC Poll: Most say Trump making N. Korea situation worse

"WASHINGTON — North Korea's nuclear weapons development is spooking most Americans, and two-thirds of them say President Donald Trump's war of words with the isolated nation's leader is making the situation worse. Less than 1 in 10 thinks Trump's comments are making it better.

"Those are the findings of a poll by the Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research, as tensions between the adversaries escalate and North Korea comes closer to its goal of having a nuclear-tipped missile that could strike the continental U.S.

"The poll was conducted about a week after Trump intensified rhetorical exchanges with his counterpart, Kim Jong Un, dubbing him 'Rocket Man' and threatening in a Sept. 19 speech at the United Nations to 'totally destroy' North Korea if the U.S. is forced to defend itself and its allies. Kim responded with dire threats and insults of his own, calling Trump 'deranged' and a 'dotard'.....

"The poll found that 65 percent of Americans think Trump's comments have made the situation between the U.S. and North Korea worse, including 45 percent who think he's made the situation much worse. Only 8 percent think he's making the situation better...."

For complete article: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...ump-making-n-korea-situation-worse/ar-AAtiyIW

16. WheatieMuncher

WheatieMuncher Well-Known Member IQ: 120+

But how many think that North Korea also made things worse?

17. Glimmer

That's off message.