1. Why don't you Sign Up? It's free and doesn't require anything special.
    We are a friendly community and you might be much smarter than you think.
    Don't just look at us. We need YOUR help. Let's build together the next big High IQ Society.
Dismiss Notice
This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Real Spatial IQ test online!

Discussion in 'Tests and Online Tests' started by Joseph, Jun 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Creedinger

Creedinger Well-Known Member IQ: 120+

Hehe thank you very much for your dedication. Not saving documents always happens to me when doing my time sheets, which I hate the most :D :D

Regarding the button:
    The tag is just spoiler and assuming the dots are moving independantly from each other the solution for 19 seems to be c:)

Did you just look at this and saw some aspects of the movement or did you already know that there are questions like this? After your answer 19 seemed obvious to me.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017

2. Mohsin

Mohsin Well-Known Member IQ: 140+

Hey @Creedinger, I'm pretty sure the solution to number 7 is a. The logic is quite simple; each box contains at least 1 horizontal line and 1 vertical line. Whether the horizontal or vertical line is the smaller or larger line in each box is irrelevant (its a distraction). Using the process of elimination, you can rule out all of the options except for a. Make sense?

7.png

conrad, Bright1 and Moloch like this.
  3. Creedinger

Creedinger Well-Known Member IQ: 120+

Yes and no. How is this the only logical solution? Where is the logical flaw in the following: Every picture contains at least two lines, which are perpendicular. Only d has perpendicular lines in it and the line in the middle is irrelevant.

4. Mohsin

The logical flaw is that although d has perpendicularity (the X with 90 degree angles), it has a small horizontal line overlapping the point of intersection. What is the significance of this small line behaving in this manner?; this is clearly something that diverges from the patterns observed in the boxes. Also, the X does not represent a horizontal and vertical line as observed in the boxes. The question is implicitly asking for a rule that applies to all of the boxes, which makes "each box must contain at least 1 horizontal and at least 1 vertical line" the most logical rule.

With questions like these, I tend to just "see" the solution, so it is sometimes difficult for me to explain how I arrive at the solutions.

@Solaire , @Bright1, @Moloch, how would you guys answer question 7?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  5. Moloch

Moloch Well-Known Member IQ: Over 150

Like you.

Mohsin and Bright1 like this.
  6. conrad

conrad Member Unclaimed IQ

Very good, I thing you've nailed almost perfectly. I usually also have a hard time explainingmy intutive solutions (I've read that's the faible point of gifted people with strong connection between right and left brain hemispher - not that I'm saying I belong in this category). But in this case, the explanation come relatively easy to me. For each short/long, horizontal/vertical line, there's a complementary counterpart: a long/short-vertical/horizontal, complementary pairs being short/long and horizontal/vertical. The criterion short/long vertical is relevant.

Mohsin likes this.
  7. Solaire

Solaire Well-Known Member IQ: 140+

I've been looking at it and I found probable approaches for all answers, including a different approach to answer a, though your approach came to my mind as well. Be wary of some really nice paining skills on an envelope because I don't have any paper around in my place:

[​IMG]

For those who have trouble with my handwriting:

a) 90° turn + bigger line moves + mirroring
    b) 45° turn in opposite direction
    c) 45° turn in opposite direction, opposite of b
    d) 90° turn of smaller line, bigger line duplicates and turns 45° in opposite directions
    e) 90° turn of smaller line, bigger line moves
    f) same as e, but bigger line moves in a different direction

Depending on what logic you want to follow, all of them can be logically explained. Thus, the definitive answer for me would be

g) All of the above

:rolleyes:

8. albinoblanke

albinoblanke Member Claimed IQ: 140+

I just did this test and scored both times 150 IQ, I guess it is somewhere around my IQ?..

9. Solaire

Solaire Well-Known Member IQ: 140+

Decided to take the test as well. Scored 17 / 20, which puts me at 156 according to the norm. I'd say the scores are definitely inflated.

10. Mohsin

If you would like to know your IQ, I suggest booking an appointment with a qualified psychologist who can conduct a full psychometric evaluation using a series of different batteries. The full evaluation should include several tests, such as the Wechsler for adults, SBV, Cattell, Ravens progressive matrices etc. A comprehensive testing experience will probably give you a reliable score without using a skewed norm, which is what you will find in the majority of online tests. IQ tests on the net are there for entertainment purposes only.

11. Mohsin

Unequivocally.